To FIFA and UEFA :
Dear Sir or Madam;
The Chronological Lay Out of the Match Fixing Case in Turkey
1. 03.07.2011-Match Fixing Operation Started: Board members, players, managers of various clubs were arrested by Turkish police.
2. 13.07.2011-First Confession about Matxh Fixing: İstanbul BB’s player Ibrahin Akın confessed at prosecuting attorney’s office alongside his solicitors that he took $100,000.00 from Fenerbahce FC for not scoring against them.
3. 15.08.2011-First Ethical Committee Report sent to Turkish FF: Fenerbahce FC, Sivasspor FC, and Mersin İdmanyurdu FC were found guilty for match fixing offence.
4. 22.08.2011-Pierre Cornu arrived at Turkey: UEFA sent inspector Pierre Cornu to Turkey to talk to Turkish FF and the prosecuting attorney Mehmet Berk.
5. 24.08.2011-Trabzonspor FC replaced Fenerbahce FC in Champions League: After TFF withdrawn Fenerbahce FC from Champions Leauge, UEFA invited Trabzonspor FC to the competition.
6. 25.08.2011-Appeals Body rejected Fenerbahce’s request against Turkish FF’s decision that withdrawn Fenerbahce FC from Champions League.
7. 01.09.2011-Fenerbahce FC applied CAS: Fenerbahce FC applied CAS to stop the Champions League withdrawn decision of Turkish FF and sued TFF and UEFA for 45 million Euros for this decision.
8. 09.09.2011-CAS decided against Fenerbahce FC: CAS refused Fenerbahce FC’s application on stopping the decision of TFF that withdrawn them from Champions League.
9. 24.11.2011-First Political Intervention: Turkish Parliament changed Sports Law (Law No: 6222) that came in to effect on 14.04.2011 and reduced all sentences that penalises crimes in sport.
10. 26.01.2012-Turkish FF held a general metting with the clubs to change the Discipline code 58 in order to save clubs from relegation those were involved in match fixing but the clubs voted against the change.
11. 09.02.2012-Mehmet Ali Aydınlar’s Confession: Mr. Aydınlar told on a TV programme that he did not want to be the president who relegated Fenerbahce FC and that is why he postponed the decision and tried to find a way to save Fenerbehce FC that he is a member of. He added that he was so sure of Fenerbahce FC’s guiltiness that if they win the case at CAS he would pay the 45 million euros they asked for.
12. 27.02.2012-New President elected for TFF: Turkish FF and the discipline bodies were changed as a result of resignation of Mehmet Ali Aydınlar (ex-president of TFF) and the board members.
13. 22.03.2012-UEFA congress in Istanbul: Mr. Michel Platini told to press that it is not possible to seperate clubs from individuals on match fixing offences after Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan offered him this suggestion. In another press conference Mr. Gianni Infantino told that Referees being banned for life, not because they helped fix matches but because they accepted being contacted to help fix matches and added 58th article of Disciplinary Code is the UEFA’s must have code and changing of this code by national federations can not be accepted and will not be allowed by UEFA.
14. 26.04.2012-Fenerbahce FC withdrawn the case against TFF and UEFA at CAS.
15. 30.04.2012-TFF changed the Discipline Code 58: TFF changed the discipline code 58 as well as some other codes in order to prevent clubs from relegation despite the fact that clubs rejected this change at the last meeting.
16. 02.05.2012-Second Ethical Committee report was revealed: Despite being established after political intervention the second committee also found Fenerbahce FC guilty of match fixing in 3 matches. Two vice president of Fenerbahce FC (İlhan Ekşioğlu and Şekip Mosturoğlu) were found guilty along side players, agents, managers of various clubs.
17. 06.05.2012-PFDK (Professional Football Discipline Committee) announced the SCANDAL decision: Despite barring Fenerbahce FC vice presidents, club members, some other team players (played against Fenerbahce FC) that Fenerbahce FC fixed matches with PFDK invented a solution to prevent clubs from relegation; Match Fixing was not reflected on to the pitch!!!
18. 09.05.2012-Political Intervention of Turkish Prime Minister: Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdoğan told during a press statement that he was beyond an ordinary supporter and he was a member of Fenerbahce FC congrees. He also repeated his idea of seperating clubs from individuals despite being rejected by Platini in March.
19. 02.07.2012-Court’s decision on match fixing case: The Judce (Mehmet Ekinci) announced his verdict on match fixing and found several people guilty from different clubs. Some of those people and their sentences are as below:.
· Aziz Yıldırım (President of Fenerbahçe FC) - Match-fixing at 7 matches : Imprisonment of 6 years and 3 months.
· Şekip Mosturoğlu (Vice President of Fenerbahçe FC) - Match-fixing at 3 matches : Imprisonment of 3 years 1 month and 14 days.
· İlhan Ekşioğlu (Vice President of Fenerbahçe FC) - Match-fixing at 5 matches : Imprisonment of 4 years and 4 months
· Tamer Yelkovan (Chief Financial Officer of Fenerbahçe FC) - Match-fixing at 3 matches and member of criminal organisation for match-fixing: Imprisonment of 2 years 9 months.
· Mecnun Odyakmaz (Sivas FC-President) - 1 year and 6 months and 22 days for match fixing in Fenerbahce FC match against Sivasspor FC.
· Bülent Uygun (Eskişehir FC-manager) – 11 months 7 days imprisinmont due to getting bribe from Fenerbahce FC regarding Eskişehir FC’s match against Trabzonspor FC.on 22.04.2011.
· İbrahim Akın ( İstanbul BB player) – 1 year 6 months and 22 days for match fixing for benefit of Fenerbahce FC at the match that his team lost 2-0 on 01.05.2011.
· Korcan Çelikay (Sivasspor FC goal keper) – 1 year and 3 months imprisonment for fixing match for benefit of Fenerbahce FC at the match that his team lost 4-3 at the last game of the season on 22.05.2011.
· Mehmet Yıldız (Sivasspor FC player) - 1 year and 3 months imprisonment for fixing match for benefit of Fenerbahce FC at the match that his team lost 4-3 at the last game of the season on 22.05.2011.
20. 28.07.2012 Finally, Aziz Yıldırım ( President of Fenerbahce FC ) told on a press statement that, if he committed the match fixing crime he he did it for Fenerbahce FC, not for himself.
This chronological lay out of the match fixing clearly proves the existance of match fixing activities during the 2010-2011 season at Turkish Super League. Ethical Committees, Professional Football Discipline Committee and the court’s verdict all aggree on one decision; Fenerbahçe FC were involved in several match fixing activities that led them to win the Championship in 2010-2011 season.
Therefore, we request UEFA and FIFA to give an end to this chaos by following the disciplinary regulation as soon as possible.
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org