Subject : EU Commission’s Fight on Match Fixing and Importance of UEFA’s Role in Match Fixing Case of Fenerbahçe FC.
To: Valérie Fourneyron, Hans Peter Friedrich, Gerry Sutcliffe, Jose Ignacio Wert, Edith Schippers, Piero Gnudi, Philippe Muyters, Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth, Konstantinos Arvanitopoulos, Uffe Elbæk, Norbert Darabos, Joanna Mucha, Ecaterina Andronescu, Emilov Svilen Neykov, Petr Fiala, Rein Lang
We are writing this letter to you as Turkish football fans seeking justice for Turkish football. As you are all aware there has been several match fixing activities during the 2010-2011 season at Turkish League and several arrests were made by Turkish police on 03.07.2011.
UEFA got involved in the case promptly and sent an inspector to investigate the case. UEFA then advised Turkish Football Federation not to send Fenerbahçe FC to Champions League and Trabzonspor FC replaced them for that season.
During the period till Turkish court given its verdict on Match Fixing case, UEFA’s president Mr. Michel Platini and UEFA’s vice president Mr. Gianni Infantino declared several times that, Turkish authorities have more than enough evidence to penalise Match Fixers Fenerbahçe FC and the teams involved in such crime. They have given examples from past experiences and outlined why Fenerbahçe FC must not be left un-punished.
On 02.07.2012 the court reached a verdict on the case and not only senteced several club members to imrisonment for match fixing for benefit of Fenerbahce FC, but also announced that these people were part of a criminal organisation and this was an organised crime.
Here are some of the people sentenced to imprisonment by court;
· Aziz Yıldırım (President of Fenerbahçe FC) - Match-fixing at 7 matches : Imprisonment of 6 years and 3 months.
· Şekip Mosturoğlu (Vice President of Fenerbahçe FC) - Match-fixing at 3 matches : Imprisonment of 3 years 1 month and 14 days.
· İlhan Ekşioğlu (Vice President of Fenerbahçe FC) - Match-fixing at 5 matches : Imprisonment of 4 years and 4 months
· Tamer Yelkovan (Chief Financial Officer of Fenerbahçe FC) - Match-fixing at 3 matches and member of criminal organisation for match-fixing: Imprisonment of 2 years 9 months.
· Mecnun Odyakmaz (Sivas FC-President) - 1 year and 6 months and 22 days for match fixing in Fenerbahce FC match against Sivasspor FC.
· Bülent Uygun (Eskişehir FC-manager) – 11 months 7 days imprisinmont due to getting bribe from Fenerbahce FC regarding Eskişehir FC’s match against Trabzonspor FC.on 22.04.2011.
· İbrahim Akın ( İstanbul BB player) – 1 year 6 months and 22 days for match fixing for benefit of Fenerbahce FC at the match that his team lost 2-0 on 01.05.2011.
· Korcan Çelikay (Sivasspor FC goal keper) – 1 year and 3 months imprisonment for fixing match for benefit of Fenerbahce FC at the match that his team lost 4-3 at the last game of the season on 22.05.2011.
· Mehmet Yıldız (Sivasspor FC player) - 1 year and 3 months imprisonment for fixing match for benefit of Fenerbahce FC at the match that his team lost 4-3 at the last game of the season on 22.05.2011.
Despite court’s decision, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan got involved in the case and ordered new Football Federations and the Discipline Bodies to find a solution to save Fenerbahçe FC from relegation. New Discipline Bodies did as they were told so and invented a made up solution called ‘The Match Fixing activities did nor reflect on to the pitch’, which is 180 degrees opposite of UEFA’s and FIFA’s rules on this matter.
While Turkish fans were expecting UEFA to do the right thing and penalise Fenerbahçe FC, they went quite and looked like turned a blind eye on this case by letting Fenerbahçe FC to compete at European Cups.
A columnist of Hurriyet newspaper, Mehmet Aslan, in Turkey wrote an article on 10.09.2012 regarding the meeting between the Prime Minister of Turkey and president of UEFA that took place on 22nd of March 2012. According to him, Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Mr. Michael Platini aggreed on finding a way to save Fenerbehce FC from being penalised for match fixing offences they were involved in 2010-2011 season.
There also are serious claims from various journalists that UEFA were bribed by some secret bodies during this process.
These claims would not be taken seriously under normal circumstances, but you must aggree that UEFA has not been acting according to the rules and regulations lately that they have to follow whilst running the European football.
As a result; we would like you to bring this file to the committee’s attention which declared a war on Match Fixing crime and help us to solve corrupted relations behind the curtains between Fenerbahçe FC, UEFA and Turkish government. This is a great start for the commission in order to tackle match fixing crime and will set an example to all clubs, federations and UEFA.
NOT : İsim Kısmına kendi isminizi yazınız.
Mail’de subject (konu kısmına en üstteki Subject kısmını yazınız)
Mailin Gönderilmesi Gereken Adresler:
email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; Margus.Klaan@kul.ee ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com